Tuesday, October 23, 2007

could it be hat season?



tashi made me this hat! yes, my nine year old daughter. she gave it to me one hot day at the end of her third grade school year. i've been waiting for just the right weather to reveal it. today wins. there is just enough cool breeze and overcast sky to pull on this beloved crochet cap.

since i now work part time, i have at least one weekday to myself. sometimes two. i am promising myself i will not doddle this day away. i have a terrible habit of finding that, come pick up time for tashi, i've accomplished very little with my day. one's day shouldn't be comprised entirely of composing a blog entry, visiting favorite links, chatting with the husband on aim, petting the cats and perhaps doing laundry.

there are so many things i want to do with my time, that i sometimes find myself paralyzed. i had to attend a work related meeting this morning, so already, my day is compromised. here are some of the things on my to-do list:

edit india manuscript, for the twentieth time
read the handbook of poetic forms, and practice all of them
make tashi's halloween costume
figure out how to finish off my knitted scarf
clean out the closets, exchange summer clothes for winter
research poetry journals and where i might submit
embroider the acorn fairy
make curtains
start studying the tarot again
continue to educate myself as a doula

and the list goes on. but those things are at the top.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you need to finish the scarf or just get it off the needles?

zoe krylova said...

i need to finish the edge and remove needles (or vice versa?). i have a book that will guide me, but it's just a matter of doing it!