Friday, October 26, 2007

native child



i can actually check something off my to-do list. tashi's halloween costume is done. i found this pre-embroidered native american themed fake suede fabric at joanne's. the best part is that it was 50% off. i basically made a poncho, though i did sew the sides together. Nothing fancy & fitted though. it's a sack, with arm holes. added some fringe and some fur. there you have it.



the headdress was a gift to me from my uncle after he spent years hanging out in the amazon. unfortunately the cats managed to destroy some of it's feathers. there were at least two more long ones.

i just love the hair ties. they were a gift to me from my friend mara, who is also tashi's goddess mother.



we'll tie some bells to her ankles, hand her a basket for collecting corn-candy, and she'll be ready to go. all she needs is tomahawk and then she'll show the white man who's boss.

No comments: