Tuesday, December 18, 2007

trying to remain cheerful

i'm feeling a little funky today. just one of those days. it didn't help to watch michael moore's sicko last night. i laughed i cried i yelled. sometimes i really don't know why we choose to remain in this country.

here are some cheerful visions to fuel my denial.


delicious banana bread from a co-worker, in one of these super cute lil' red pans.


two boxes of a variety of these vintage glass baubles for $2


two of these silly dancers for 20 cents


i don't know why, but i love these mini santa cups. they were 10 cents each and have a date of 1960 stamped on the bottom.


this peppermint stick fudge will blow your mind. and your teeth. and your waistline. tashi and i made it with this recipe.

i have never documented my christmas so wildly before. but the (temporary) joy of some sparkles and twinkles and treats is not to be denied.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I'm preparing myself to watch that movie as well and I've been procrastinating because I know I'll have exactly the same response. Ah well. Love, love, love all the wonderful vintage finds. I will have to try that fudge! Thanks for sharing. ;)

Cami said...

I felt the same way after seeing Sicko, I thought about it for days afterwards. I love the little Santa mugs - that's the year I was born! I needed some down time from holiday happenings today, just SO much to do! I know I'll feel refreshed tomorrow for the final countdown.