Monday, March 10, 2008

success

tashi had her ears pierced for her 10th birthday on jan 2. i promised her she could change her earrings once we found some nice pure gold or silver dolphin earrings in cyprus. if you didn't know already, tashi loves dolphins. well, we didn't find any nice dolphin earrings in cyprus, not because there weren't any, but because we really didn't spend much time shopping.

lucky for tashi, when we arrived home there was a package from aunt sue awaiting her, and inside it was a pair of sterling silver dolphin earrings.

has anyone had a harder time than me getting the original piercing studs out of their child's ears? they were impossible. i even went back to the piercing pagoda with tashi, but the woman working there wouldn't attempt it. she just told me to twist and pull at the same time. this is not easy to do when your child is telling you it hurts.

well, i rolled up my sleeves this afternoon and got down and dirty. i put a little aloe vera on the post, as a kind of lubricant. i trimmed my nails, so as not to poke tashi. i had her lay her on side. and with a little twisting, jigging, and tugging, i finally go the darn studs out. too bad they are so pretty because we will probably never put them in again.

tashi was so thrilled to put on the silver dolphins. thanks aunt sue!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still have a hard time getting my studs off when I where them to "retrain" my piercings. I distinctly remember crying over trying the get them out the first time. I think I ended up using pliers.

Welcome back!