Tuesday, January 15, 2013

pillow talk

a ruffled mind makes a restless pillow - charlotte bronte

alas, i made tashi a pillow, the ruffle pillow from sweetwater's simple home 
(a book found on clearance recently). it is a belated birthday gift, 
a little something mixy matchy to go with her new comforter.


my sister-in-law gave me this delicious piece of aquamarine chenille that i used on the backside. 


the ruffles, made from baby blanket scraps, are sewn onto a nice piece 
of greenish linen i had in my collection. 


it was a very easy project, great for a beginner.


last year i made her this pillow, my first attempt at log cabin quilting. 


she is a busy teenager with a busy bedroom!


i put a piece of paper under my pillow, and when i could not sleep i wrote in the dark 
henry david thoreau

No comments: