Tuesday, May 02, 2006

neil young, spring chicken and eight hours

today at work i listened to neil young's free album on the web, living with war. it's awesome and neil young is an artist of true integrity.

there was an end of term picnic where i ate fried chicken and pizza. i introduced myself to a faculty member in my department and he said, "which undergraduate program are you in?" the expensive facial lotion must be working. he felt pretty sheepish when i told him i was the new staff member.

i'm slowly resigning myself to the fact that i'm not going to have much of a life outside of work, at least not until i learn the ropes and can do my tasks in a semi-conscious state. i'm usually a late night person and that is where i fit in things like writing and reading and making things and watching david letterman. but if i'm going to make it through the days without picking up a coffee habit, i'm going to have to be in bed by 10:00 to get my eight hours of sleep. that gives me a total of 90 minutes to myself after tashi's light is out. and the house, oh what a mess.

don't worry, the blog might get interesting again someday. if it ever was interesting to begin with.

No comments: