Tuesday, January 01, 2008

awash with incandescent nectar



year 2007 in review

* the year started off poorly with miscarriage # 5

* i've received the aid of an endocrinologist, some herbalists and an astrologer

* i had a great time with my first digital camera

* i left my cool full time job for a cool part time job

* i am able to be home just about every afternoon when tashi finishes her school day

* i started a doula practice. two out of my three clients had their babies in the last five days!

* i read a bunch of books and started a bunch of books and didn't finish a bunch of books

* dan and i went on some dates

* i saw a bunch of great movies, fell in love with some new music, saw some mind blowing concerts and visited some incredible exhibits

* i turned 40

* i got my first gray hairs, experienced my 1st and 2nd ever uti, fell down headlong on steep trail and twisted my ankle, went to the ER twice

* i wrote a concert review and entered a writing contest

* i sewed/assembled: my first patchwork cat, my first two baby blankets, my first placemats, my first cloth napkins, my first soft trees, my first sewing basket cover and several small collages

* i was given a knitting lesson and have nearly completed a scarf

* i developed friendships, maintained many, rekindled old


what i wish for in 2008


* that i get in tip top shape through walking, bike riding, yoga and diet

* that i find the creative spark to write and keep writing with passion

* that i collage

* that i grow my photography

* that i grow a garden

* that i grow

* that i start offering tarot readings again

* that i continue to be a positive force in the lives of childbearing women

* that i find patience, wisdom and quietude as my daughter goes more deeply into her tween years with tween attitude

* that i stop using the term tween now

* that i sew stuff

* that i knit stuff

* that. i. get. published. someday.

* and a few other things

i hope each and every one of your wishes is backed with positive intention and so manifests

4 comments:

Patience_Crabstick said...

Happy New Year. I hope you reach the goals you've set for yourself.

Amy-Sarah said...

Wow, what a list. Touching and funny at the same time. I also started the year with a miscarriage. I also want to get published someday! And grow... Congrats on all the cool things you did and good luck with the new year. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

best wishes for a healthy, happy, joyous, creative, laughter filled new year.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the start of your year, the miscarriage. Best wishes for all that's to come.