Friday, April 14, 2006

free ween

so once the thumpity thump from the pavilion started shaking my windows i decided to go downtown to see what i could see of ween. yup, the "balcony seats" were just the thing. there was a whole line of people there enjoying the show for free. we could see the stage better than probably a lot of people in the audience. and the sound was just fine. not like being in the mosh pit right in front of the stage, but i wouldn't want to be there anyway. and for $27? forget it! i think i got there half way through the show, though i'm not sure. i arrived just in time for them to sing a bit of "redemption song" which i thought was an interesting continuation of my previous night at a reggae show. but then they went on to sing their landmark crude and thrashing varieties of rock, from punk to heavy metal to weird 70's style stuff. i have only two ween albums and didn't recognize most of the songs but for the bawdy sailor song. that was fun. dan swears he heard them singing the mollusk from his office window while i was in the car on my way down. i'm sad to have missed that one. but i'll have to find a set list to be sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree about the "balcony seats". Makes me wish I hadn't paid for a ticket. I'll definitely be going that route for Wilco.

How long before they put up barricades do you think?