Monday, December 10, 2007

my mother's knitty talent



my mother is an extraordinary knitter. part of the backdrop of my childhood was the sound of her needles clicking. and she continues to knit. every winter she begs me to lay out a new knitting challenge for her. this year it was this, though i'm not so sure the slimmed in waist would suite me these days. she knits tashi beautiful sweaters. and she makes us great hats.

the sweater above was modeled after one of my grandmother zoe's vintage hand knit sweaters. at some point the sweater was passed on to me and i wore it to death. i asked my mother if she could replicate it, and she did, exactly. unfortunately a few of the giant red buttons from the original sweater were broken in half, so they couldn't be recycled. but i am loving this sweater, and wanted to share with you a bit of my mother's talent.

here is tashi in a new purple cap, knit by my mom (yia yia to tashi).



thanks mom, for your treasured yarns.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that warm wooly-knit from yiayia, the tree look lovely, the lights all set and snow aplenty ... so a nice lead-in to the festive season .... and wishing you all well for the solstice well before we get there.