Friday, December 07, 2007

oh great

it's a december. a great time for someone to break the lock off of one of the doors of our toyota. a great time for the subaru to go into the shop because it sounds like the right front wheel is about to snap off. and while we're at it, might as well have a carbon monoxide leak in the house because an exhaust pipe in the basement has disintegrated.

a great time indeed.

why not make another soft tree?



and while the plumber is replacing the pipe in the basement, go have a bluegrass brewing jefferson's reserve bourbon barrel stout at beer run, our friends' fantastic new eatery/pub/cafe/gourmet drinkery?



and once home again, create a canopy for tashi's bed?



yes, a great time for all things.

2 comments:

Patience_Crabstick said...

I'm so glad Beer Run is finally open. We've been awaiting it for weeks.

Linda Diane Feldt said...

Zoe,
It is scary to hear about your carbon monoxide experience - I was nearly killed by that gas about 20 years ago. The long term damage is that I'm now chemically sensitive.
Be sure and verify that the work is done well.
I love the night hawk detectors - your landlord should pay for one on every floor but at least in the basement.

It could even be why you were sick recently.

Scary stuff -- I tell my story often so that people are more aware and assign my students the task of convincing their parents to install the detectors.

Maybe I'll write that story for my blog today! It is the right time of year....

They didn't exist 20 years ago, and it nearly cost me my life. Glad this was a minor glitch!

-Linda Diane