Wednesday, December 13, 2017

December Songs 13 (2017)

December Songs 13 is a band that I saw for the first time this past year at Festy, Elephant Revival, and their song Petals. It's a great song and magnificent video!



Changes will continue, but I’ll never give in to
the woman that you’ve assumed me to be.
Thought that I had seen you,
Could feel me beneath you,
Beneath a distant longing
to arrive.

There’ll be no more waiting,
No sorrowful blaming.
I’m sitting right where I’ve wanted to be.

I am and I am not
these petals pressed into
these pages unnumbered.
I am and I am not.

But then I remember.
And when I remember,
It seems that I become more of what I remember.
Which is not necessarily insanely related
or jaded or tainted by bleak memory.

In fact I’m enjoying
the lifting of morning,
These petals intended for giving release.
 

No comments: