Sunday, August 31, 2008

gratitude

thanks for the responses and support offered in my rental post, below. your responses create new facets, through which to examine the dilemma. please do keep them coming!

there are many factors i didn't mention, some of them changing with each day. all will build a careful decision.

today is my birthday! indeed! unfortunately, i've been a bit under the weather, fighting a malaise that the changing seasons can sometimes bring on. that did not prevent me from eating cake after lunch. oh it was delicious. a perfect balance of chocolate and raspberry. notice the box of gearhart's chocolates? my people know how to please me!



i guess the single candle represents the one, in forty one. at least it was easy to blow out, hopefully sending my wish swiftly to the deities who will protect it.



i did not go out tonight to hear surfzilla play at beer run, and watch my love work the bass in the great way that he does, and hang out with my joyful child, and meet friends. i didn't feel like feeling bad in public. i'm often really good at pushing my limits of sleep and self preservation. but i have a birth to attend any day now. it would really be horrible to have to call in sick to a birth!

so home i am, having eaten a salad while watching the sun set from the deck. gathering my thoughts, moving slowly, and sipping some nurturing teas. and blogging. because writing is satisfying.

as are tomatoes right now. mixed into salad with other yummy fresh things.



may your labor day be as restful as my today has been. without the malaise, of course!

3 comments:

song of the selkie said...

ha! you and meagan made some super salads back in the day - looks like you've kept it going! nice!

Anonymous said...

first of all, you, Happy, Happy Birthday (belated) and second of all, i didn't realize we both had men in our lives who both play bass. how fun. i'm tickled. :)

Anonymous said...

p.s. the picture of that cake is making me want to run to the freezer for a slice of leftover pirate cake from griffin's party. drool.