Monday, August 27, 2007
so mote it be
i was tagged for a meme by annie of writers and witches, and words...oh my!
it is a "trials and tribulations of your spiritual path" meme. the rules first must be posted:
1. You have to use your own belief system for the meme. No fair using someone else’s to make a joke or satire. Being humorous about your own religion is encouraged!
2. You have to have at least one joy and one trial. More are encouraged. And no, they don’t have to be equal in length, but please be honest.
3.You have to tag at least one other person. More are appreciated!
Please post these rules!
1. figuring out what my spiritual path is. i'm a little bit pagan. i'm a little bit buddhist. i'm a little bit cynical. i'm a little bit lazy. i'm a little bit hedonistic.
2. finding the discipline to meditate and do yoga
3. finding a way to help my child feel spiritually engaged, without indoctrinating her with a particular dogma. giving her choices and not weighing her down with my own bias.
4. celebrating the solstices, equinoxes and esbats as much (if not more than) the holidays that co-opted their traditions
5. breaking free from stereotypes and assumptions
2. visualizing and believing in the interconnectedness of all
3. practicing compassion, patience; experiencing calm, clarity
4. seeing the buddha nature in all sentient beings
5. lovely earth based rituals that bring us closer to the earth's seasons
6. connecting with the goddess, mother nature, the moon, the plants, the cosmos
one of tashi's friends said once, "aren't you booty-ist?"
i'd like to initiate bliss blog into the world of meme!