Saturday, June 23, 2007

eight more things about me

I've been tagged for the "eight things about me" meme that has been floating around blogland. Elizabeth from Charlottesville Words got me!

The Rules are:
Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.
The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1) I have three half-brothers, one in Washington state, one in Michigan and one in New York City.

2) My Maternal Grandmother (Zoe) was from Russia and my Maternal Grandfather (Michael) was from Cyprus. My Grandmother went to Cyprus with her family during the Russian Revolution and my Grandfather was the translator for her family. That is how they met.

3) I never met my paternal Grandparents but this is what I know about them: My paternal Grandfather (Abraham) came to the US with his father during the holocaust. His mother and siblings perished in the concentration camps. He stayed with my paternal Grandmother (Dorothy) and her family here in the states, and that is how they met. His father ended up dying in the flu epidemic. They were all Polish.

4) All the places I have lived:
Nicosia and Kyrenia, Cyprus (until I was four)
Bradford, Pa (until I was 18)
Meadville, Pa (during college)
Buffalo, NY (for one year after I graduated from college)
Seattle, WA (one year)
Oakland-Berkeley-San Francisco-Oakland (eight years)
Dharamsala, India (one year)
Corvallis, OR (three months)
Ann Arbor, MI (four years)
Charlottesville, VA (almost two years to present)

5) When I was a baby I lived in Beirut, Lebanon, for a few months. My mother went there because Turkey was threatening to invade Cyprus at the time. Turkey ended up invading shortly after a visit I had in Cyprus during the summer of 1974. Turkey is still there, occupying a third of the country, which includes land that my mother owns.

6) Countries I have visited: Mexico, Jamaica, a variety of Caribbean islands, Bahamas, England, Spain, Italy, Malta, Egypt, Greece, Cyprus, India. Oh, and Canada.

7) My Mother, my Father and my Stepmother are all raging liberals. Way to go!

8) I used to work for an Anarchist Collective in Seattle called Left Bank Books.

ok, eight people to tag that haven't already done this. . . that could be hard. i'm going to think about it and edit this later, adding their names in. plus, it's gorgeous out and i want to get out there before the day is too hot!

No comments: